Sunday, October 22, 2006

My bikes

My CD200

I bought a Honda CD200 - it was meant to be my city slicker to get in and around town, but I found a job 20km away from home. That was 40km return on the highway, and I found the CD to slow, barely going 90kph! So I hardely used it, prefering the VFR. I eventually sold the CD, but is a charming and reliable little bike.

MY VFR

And this is the VFR; a red 1998 Honda VFR800Fi; it has a V-four fuel injected engine. Not as sporty as the ZX6R, but this one has character and charisma. Since the ZX I had a Suzuki Katana 750 and Yamaha FZR400, before I got the VFR and CD. But both those bikes were frustratingly unreliable, and as a result costly to look after.

The VFR is the most reliable bike I had since my Suzuki GS500 and Suzuki B200. I will makeposting of my experiences of all these bikes in future.

Up till the Truimph ST, the VFR was regarded as the best in class. Have a look here:

http://motoring.co.za/index.php?fArticleId=3245486


Other VFR sites worth looking at are:

vfrworld.com

No comments: