Tuesday, March 13, 2007

More on the FZR

It was a nightmare; frankly. Just another dodgy purchase. Thought I could use a light, powerful to knee-scraper to take onto the track. It had an overheating and flooding problem, chowed plugs by the week. 

The test-ride around the block was impressive, but the more time I spent riding it, it seemed to miss something; that X-factor. Maybe that is why it is not as highly rated as the VFR and CBRs, for instance.

It also confirmed my suspicion that a ride around the block is not enough to get an accurate impression of the bike. I eventually swopped it for a Honda CD200.

 




When it ran, it was nice. This is somewhere in the boland.



Then I took it on a gravel road up paarl mountain. What was I thinking! 
Everything shook loose, and it started to leak coolant. It had to be 
taken back to town on the back of a trailer.



Met up with this nice FZ400 somewhere in the boland


No comments: