Sunday, February 04, 2007

SuperCars!

Geneva is a rich city, as the cars testify. Didn't have my camera ready for the Maranello, a few Aston Martin Vanquishes, BMW Z8s, Diablos and Countachs as well as the new Bentley Coupe.

But I got these!

At the Basel border-crossing between Germany and Switzerland; I also wonder if I will ever see a MacMerc again. Unlike the Enzo, this thing's engine really rumbles at low speed! Imagine the drone of a thunderstorm in the distance; that as it what it sounded like before it roled into view!

We hit the autobahn and the SLR speeds away into the distance...

I lost my pastport and was kept hostage for a long time by the customs at the border between France and Switzerland. As I waited, another thunderstorm arrived. But where the SLR sounds like a Nascar, the Viper GTS sounds like a truck - and that is no insult! It is a deep, bass gurgle at idling that you can almost pickup through your feet on the ground.

Never thought anybody would ever see the need to customise a Viper; it's not exactly going to get lost in a parking lot, is it? The mods suit the car well though.

For sale in Berlin; it is the Cape Town number plate that caught my attention!

I have never seen a R7 in the metal before.

Tthe car to finally topple the McLaren F1 as the fastest production car in the world. The Bugatti Veyron 16.4 boasts 16 cylinders, 64 valves, 8 litres, 4 turbo's and puts out 736kw (1000bhp), 1250Nm, and will do 400kph (250mph). This model is on display in a VW showroom in Berlin.

Prowling the quiet back-streets of Geneva; This might be the only time I ever see an Enzo. I couldn't really hear it as it flashed past (exhaust too quiet?), but there was a show-off in a Ferrari 550 Maranello V12 dragging in 1st gear from robot to robot. I can't describe the sound. It was paralysing. I am still shivering just replaying it in my head.

A bit old hat now, but I couldn't resist snapping the Murcielago parked next to the lake...

No comments: