Friday, December 16, 2005

Last summer ride

This is the first of my published impressions that I am linking to my blog. This ones recounts the last time I took my ZX-6R for a spin, as I was forced to sell it after an engine replacement that left me bankrupt. I had the loan on the new engine as well as a loan on the bike to repay!

The bike is a 1996 F-model, and an ex-racing machine campaigned by national Supersport champion Greg Dreyer.

Why did the engine go? Dunno. Two weeks earlier the oil level was full. Two weeks later it wasn't. No oil leaks. Duh.

Biking is an expensive addiction. It still hurts.
__________________________

Kawasaki’s ZX-6R is fast, noisy, agile, and highly respected within the motorcycling fraternity. Patrick van Sleight recounts the moving moments shared with this desirable machine on their final ride together.

Go here

Related websites

The 1997 ZX6-R

A 1997 top 600 Shoot-out

Related articles from cartoday.com

Kawa's next superbike

Kawasaki delivers

ZX-10R takes on the field

The new Kawasaki ZX-6R

No comments: